Buying or selling a business is one of the most important processes for any business owner. Henderson Law Group LLP has helped numerous clients through the process as both buyers and sellers, and can help you make this a successful transaction.
Acquiring A Business
By its nature, the act of buying a business entails both opportunity and risk. This may be the largest investment you make. We can help you protect yourself against failure by making sure that your purchase goes smoothly, without complications.
Our lawyers will:
- Perform due diligence to make sure that the business you are purchasing is sound and that you do not inherit problems that will burden your enterprise from the beginning
- Help you negotiate a purchase agreement that protects your interests
- Help you consider the needs and priorities of all stakeholders, including employees, business partners, clients and the businesses with whom your new company will interact
- Guide you through any financing issues
Selling A Business
You have worked hard to make your business what it is. Regardless of your reasons for selling it, at this final stage, it's important to protect what you have built.
- Discuss your priorities regarding the sale, and help you protect what is important to you, whether it's your financial well-being, your employees, or your business reputation
- Discuss restructuring if necessary in preparation for the sale
- Negotiate and draft a comprehensive and flexible contract of purchase and sale that protects your interests and anticipates any complications
- Deal with shares, major assets, and any partnership or corporate issues
- Ensure that any taxation issues are thoroughly understood so that the sale is advantageous to you
- Make sure that you understand your responsibilities as seller
Contact Henderson Law Group LLP
Let us help you make the most of this opportunity. Call our Richmond, British Columbia, office at 604-639-5175 or fill out our online form if you are buying or selling your business.