Henderson Law Group LLP's lawyers help guide both businesses and financial institutions through the intricacies of commercial lending in Richmond and surrounding areas.
Borrowing To Fit Your Needs
Many of our business clients require financial resources for a variety of reasons, including setting up a new business, expansion of an existing business, dealing with emergencies, and acquiring assets or other businesses.
Whether you are a corporation, partnership, limited liability partnership, joint venture or proprietorship, we can help you deal with all kinds of loan structures, including term/takeout financing, construction financing, lines of credit, operating loans and all indebtedness.
Our goal is to make sure that your loan fits your plans and needs, and to protect you from liability throughout the process.
If you have done everything and negotiated the commitment letter and simply need us to sign, we can review the documents and explain any possible trouble spots. However, it is always best to see a lawyer before settling the commitment letter or term sheet. That way we can help you negotiate for favourable terms, as well as review the loan type and the security offered.
Our lawyers will:
- Advise you on bank requirements
- Advise you about security
- Register any mortgages or personal property security
- Perform Land Title Office searches and Personal Property Registry searches, corporate and partnership searches
- Check the borrowing authority in case shareholder resolutions are required
- Make sure funding preconditions are addressed, including delivery of all third-party materials
- Draft commitment, facility and opinion letters as well as resolutions and certificates as needed
Acting For Lenders
For lenders, including banks, credit unions and mortgage investment corporations, our lawyers will:
- Make recommendations on the appropriate security for the type and amount of the loan
- Prepare all documents for the borrower to sign
- Prepare security for loans
- File mortgages
- File personal property security
Contact Henderson Law Group LLP
Let us help your business find the financing you require for your needs. Call us at 604-639-5175 or contact us online. We also represent lenders in Richmond, Delta and throughout the Greater Vancouver Regional District of British Columbia.